Include ../../.. path is mysterious - whats going on here?

jason

Why is it that my index.asp file sitting in the following dir:

...wwwroot/EYS/new/hunter/356/

....will only accept an include file with the following path:

<!--#include file=-"../../../includes/forms/riverbend/form_box.asp">

Notice the preceeeding .../../../

which indicates the include sits here:

wwwroot/EYS/includes/forms/riverbend/

Why is this: Surely I should be able to reference the INCLUDE like this:

<!--#include file=-"includes/forms/riverbend/form_box.asp">

Yet this would be produce the following error.

The include file 'includes/forms/riverbend/form_box.asp' was not found.

But, to me this says the /includes/ folder is found off the root of
/catamaranco/

Can someone explain this cleary to me because [.../.../..] just does not
look right to me at all and is very confusing.

Ray at

That is expected when you do a file include. If you want the include to be
rooted from the root of the site, do a virtual include.
<!-- #include virtual="/includes/forms/riverbend/form_box.asp" -->

Ray at work

jason

Ok got it - I guess its a choice of one evil over another.

Thanks
Jason