Independent collection of web sites

Fulio Open

Hello,

I use several computers and use different browsers on each computer:
IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. Now I save my favorite pages on
different browsers of the computers separately, but wonder whether all
these web pages can be saved in an independent place from where they
can be reached from all browsers at all the computers.

Thanks for information

dorayme

<[email protected]
Fulio Open said:
I use several computers and use different browsers on each computer:
IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. Now I save my favorite pages on
different browsers of the computers separately, but wonder whether all
these web pages can be saved in an independent place from where they
can be reached from all browsers at all the computers.

Bookmark them in all the browsers you want. Keep the URL in a
clipping on your desktops or wherever you find handy and drag
them over any browser you have open. Put the clipping on USB
stick and carry the stick around. Train a constant companion, a
parrot or dog to speak or fetch a bit of paper with the url on.
Tattoo (you can get wash off ones) the url on your hand.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fulio Open <[email protected]>
writing in 32g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:
Hello,

I use several computers and use different browsers on each computer:
IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. Now I save my favorite pages on
different browsers of the computers separately, but wonder whether all
these web pages can be saved in an independent place from where they
can be reached from all browsers at all the computers.

Thanks for information

Opera has Opera Link [http://www.opera.com/link/]. It's available via
http from any computer and any browser.

Joy Beeson

That was, in fact, the original notion of a "home page." Each user would
have a page that they created themselves, with links to their favorite
sites. Bookmarks that are tied to a particular browser came later, when
Netscape & Microsoft were trying to find ways to make it more difficult
for their users to switch to a different browser.

Thanks! I've been wondering what "home page" was for ever since I got
Web access.

It was a serious nuisance until I learned that one can set the home
page to "about:blank".

I've been re-inventing it: copying some of my favorite links onto a
page of my website so that I can use them from a borrowed computer.