INDEXi.info - Dear webmasters

Groot

Hi,
i open a new directory only website before few days.
i speak to webmasters and all good guys in the forum,
plz add ur websites and ur fav websites in the directory.

select the category and press Suggest a link.

the website url is: http://www.indexi.info
Thnx for all,
Garry Lachman, INDEXi.info

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Groot said:
Hi,
i open a new directory only website before few days.
i speak to webmasters and all good guys in the forum,
plz add ur websites and ur fav websites in the directory.

select the category and press Suggest a link.

the website url is: [snipped]

Too lazy to look around for websites on your own, then?

Personally, if I, for whatever reason, wanted to set up a link
directory, I'd start off by entering every link in my own
favorites/bookmarks list, and then continue with every link I can find
in Yahoo! Directory and DMOZ. It's a time-killer for sure, but at least
you'll cover a lot of ground.

After that, I'd go to my friends and co-workers and ask them to enter
their own favorites/bookmarks.

Then, and *only* then, I'd start launching the directory to the general
public and encourage them to add their own links.

To further things, I did check out your front page, and I'd have to say
it looks way too generic. To put it bluntly, it looks like the sort of
page that you'd encounter when visiting a domain snatched by a
cybersquatter (if you know what I mean). Also, with 245 categories and
135 "approved" sites, it leaves a lot of categories empty.

Second of all, the list of categories aren't in an alphabetical order,
which means that the visitor will have to carefully read through the
category list to find out what he/she is looking for. Bad idea.

Thirdly, your entire directory website seems to be powered by a generic
link directory script (called "Yet Another Link Directory"). Meaning,
that you registered a domain name, set up some hosting space,
downloaded a free template from somewhere, downloaded a script and
proceeded to advertize it on various groups, boards and forums, hoping
to have a popular directory shortly. Popularity doesn't come easy or
fast. You have to put some effort into it. Just looking at your link
directory site, I'd say you didn't make much effort into setting it up.
You can't just slap a sticker on it and hope everybody will come.

Also, I don't have the slightest clue what that link to "Ldmstudio
Directory" is doing at the bottom of your page. Is it a sponsoring
site? A friend of yours? Another site of yours? A friendly link
exchange? A competitor? What?

Fourthly, your site doesn't validate to XHTML 1.0 Transitional, which
you have posing it off as.

Last, but not least, your message is more or less completely off topic
for alt.html. This is just yet another example of "go home and do it
over from scratch".

And to the other gentle people of alt.html, I apologize for my rant --
I just had to get it out of my system.