install perl on usb flash drive

vbhelpski

I already posted this but the the subject line
needed work.

I want to install perl on my portable usb flash
drive. When using it on a WIN machine all I plan
on doing is including perl/bin in the path using a
short little perlcfg.bat. The drive letter will
vary from box to box.

Anything else? (.pl assoc already suggested)

I see quite a few entries in the registry. Hope
they are not required. .... damn registry.

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
I already posted this but the the subject line
needed work.

And you have already received reasonable responses.

Why start another thread?

Are we going to have to see your posts until you have decided that your
subject line is perfect?

Maybe the reason you are not getting any more responses is that there isn't
much to say about it.
Anything else? (.pl assoc already suggested)

That is not smart. There is no guarantee that the drive letter where the
perl binary is located will be the same each time you insert the flash
drive.

Sinan

vbhelpski

Sinan, your concern about my post is appreciated.
Thank you for it. Thank you for taking the time
to set me stright. Again I really appreciate it.
Really! Again, thank you.