Installation on Production Web Server

Sati

I have developed a simple web project using WS2005. It works fine on
my development machine and all the installation modes (discussed in
the internet) work the way they are supposed to.
Problem comes when I attempt to install it on a production machine.
The production machine does not have WS2005, but has the required IIS,
framework etc. When I make the call like ..\\localhost\..
\default.aspx, the browser shows me 'design' time default.aspx view of
this page and not the rendered html.
All the required DLLS are present in proper places. I have used
Xcopy, web publishing, Websetup, Web deployment.. and maybe a couple
more than what our Bill could think of.

I am new to this and it seems that I may be missing some important
step.

Thanks in advance.

Guest

I have developed a simple web project using WS2005. It works fine on
my development machine and all the installation modes (discussed in
the internet) work the way they are supposed to.
Problem comes when I attempt to install it on a production machine.
The production machine does not have WS2005, but has the required IIS,
framework etc. When I make the call like ..\\localhost\..
\default.aspx, the browser shows me 'design' time default.aspx view of
this page and not the rendered html.
All the required DLLS are present in proper places. I have used
Xcopy, web publishing, Websetup, Web deployment.. and maybe a couple
more than what our Bill could think of.

I am new to this and it seems that I may be missing some important
step.

Thanks in advance.

Did you install ASP.NET?