Installing 2.6 on Win 7

Brian Curtin

I have not found binaries for this install.  The page
http://www.python.org/download/windows/
takes me to
http://www.python.org/download/releases/
which goes to
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls.  The readme files describe linux
builds and the content seems to match.

Are there win binaries or source files?

As stated at the top of that page...
"""Python 2.6.7 is a security-fix only source release for Python
2.6.6, fixing several reported security issues. Python 2.6.7 was
released on June 3, 2011."""

If you work backwards, http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/
is the last version binaries were created for.

Littlefield, Tyler

I have not found binaries for this install. The page
http://www.python.org/download/windows/
takes me to
http://www.python.org/download/releases/
which goes to
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls. The readme files describe linux
builds and the content seems to match.

Are there win binaries or source files?
http://www.python.org/getit/releases/2.6.6/
has a release for windows x86 and x64