installing Crypt::DES on ActiveState

Amaninder

Hi everyone

I want to install Crypt::DES module for my Net::SNMP::Security::USM. I
am using ActiveState Komodo version 3.5. I tried the following things.

I typed :
"ppm install Crypt::DES" in run command.
I got this error:
Installing package 'Crypt-DES'...
Error installing package 'Crypt-DES': Could not locate a PPD file for
package Crypt-DES

Then i google and find some information on
http://www.pavleck.com/2006/04/21/a...rror-ppd-for-crypt-desppd-could-not-be-found/

I tried to add new repository:
rep add Canada
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
I got error again:
'rep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Then i find this page
http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache...v2.2.htm+opensrs+crypt+des&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7

I tried :
set repository ActivePerl http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.005/
Still dont work

Then i downloaded Crypt-DES-2.05.tar.gz from cpan. untar it and run
perl Makefile.pl. Now, i cant run "make" because i am using windows.

1. perl Makefile.PL
2. make
3. make test
4. make install

I tried but could not able to install Crypt::DES on ActiveState. If
anyone knows how to do this please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amaninder Saini

Amaninder

Amaninder

Sisyphus said:

Hi
I tried
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/Crypt-DES.ppd

instead of

and it worked. It works because "ppmpackages" are for build 6xx and
"ppms" are for 8xx. I have build 6xx for activeState so
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/Crypt-DES.ppd
worked for me.

Thanks everyone
Regards