installing my own module: module not recognized

Darren Dale

I followed the online docs on how to create and install a module. python
setup.py install seems to work fine, I did python setup.py register as
well (not sure what this is for).

setup created a folder for me called Spec in python23/Lib/site-packages,
and included my files: analysis.py/c and SpecDB.py/c. Running the
interpretter, from Spec.analysis import * complains that there is no
module named Spec.analysis. from Spec import * gives the same complaint.

If you recognize my oversight, would you let me know what it is?

Thanks,
Darren

Darren Dale

Darren said:
I followed the online docs on how to create and install a module. python
setup.py install seems to work fine, I did python setup.py register as
well (not sure what this is for).

setup created a folder for me called Spec in python23/Lib/site-packages,
and included my files: analysis.py/c and SpecDB.py/c. Running the
interpretter, from Spec.analysis import * complains that there is no
module named Spec.analysis. from Spec import * gives the same complaint.

If you recognize my oversight, would you let me know what it is?

Thanks,
Darren
forgot to include my setup.py script:

from distutils.core import setup

setup(name="Spec",
version="0.0.1",
author='Darren Dale',
author_email='(e-mail address removed)',
description='Read Spec data to callable DB, recall for analysis',
#py_modules=['analysis','SpecDB'],
packages=['Spec'],
classifiers = [
'Development Status :: Experimental',
'Environment :: Console',
'Intended Audience :: End Users/Desktop',
'Intended Audience :: Developers',
'Operating System :: Microsoft :: Windows',
'Programming Language :: Python',
],)