Installing Ruby on rails

Tim Bobker

Ive just tried to get started with ruby on rails downloaded the
installer for windows and managed to start the server, but in every
tutorial it states that the doc root is accessed at
http://127.0.0.1:3000 however i cannot find it. I tried
http://127.0.0.1:8808 and it came up with some sort of documentation not
welcome to rails or anything.

I hope this is the right forum if not can you tell me where to go or
what im doing wrong.

Also where is the actual doc root and can i use my existing apache web
server and mysql database i have on my local computer?

Giles Bowkett

Hey, welcome to Ruby on Rails, you're going to love it. You need to
take these questions to the Rails list, though, the Ruby list is for
language topics.