Installing web application and TARGETDIR

Jacek

Hello,

Could anybody advise me how I can install web application from MS install
package into other folder than c:\inetpub\wwwroot. Anything I found on the
web about TARGETDIR does not work - niether from custom installer nor from
command line. Maybe I do not understand how it exactly works.
thanks

Michael Nemtsev

U can install app as standard app, not web app to any folder. and then just
share this folder as web folder

Jacek

I see, but how to create Virtual folder referencing to the installed
application without using vbscript? Can it be done from custom installer? Use
some API from Framework?

Michael Nemtsev

Play with the next codesnippet

System.EnterpriseServices.Internal.IISVirtualRoot vr = new
System.EnterpriseServices.Internal.IISVirtualRoot();

string sError;

vr.Create("IIS://localhost/W3SVC/1/Root",@"C:\Demos\WebServices\","WebServices",out sError);