Integrating .net applications within existing site.

John Beschler

I am writing a .net application for an existing web site within our
organization. The existing application was "ported" from classic ASP to .net.

I would like the ability for the site's users to be able to hit the new
application seamlessly if possible. In other words, if they are already
logged into the existing site, I want them to be able to jump to the new
applicatin without having to log in again. To do this, I will need to capture
the session vars from the existing app.

I've already dtermined that I can do this if the new app is just a bunch of
..aspx pages. However, if it is truly a .net application with it's won
web.config, etc. the session vars are not passed along to the new
application. Without making any changes to the existing application, is
there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Gregory A. Beamer

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBCZXNjaGxlcg==?=
I am writing a .net application for an existing web site within our
organization. The existing application was "ported" from classic ASP
to .net.

I would like the ability for the site's users to be able to hit the
new application seamlessly if possible. In other words, if they are
already logged into the existing site, I want them to be able to jump
to the new applicatin without having to log in again. To do this, I
will need to capture the session vars from the existing app.

It is still a bit of kludge if you are using session values.