Invalidate cache of AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider in ASP.NET 2.0 RoleManager

Weaver

Hi all,

Is there a way to invalidate the cache of the
AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider rolemanager provider from ASP.NET 2.0?

We have a project where we adjust role settings via Authorization
Manager (Win2003) directly. We've disabled cookie-caching of roles in
the web.config of the ASP.NET website, but it seems that the provider
itself has a cache. Sometimes we can update the cache by calling a
related method (Roles.GetUsersInRole for example), but this will work
only once.

Our project uses:
- Active Directory for users
- Authorization Manager based on Active Directory
- Forms Authentication via ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider
- Roles via AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider

We could ofcourse call the AzMan API (AccessCheck) instead of
Roles.IsInRole(), but we also want to use the built-in
role-authorization capabilities of ASP.NET 2.0. That's why it's
important to keep using Roles via .NET.

We could ofcourse adjust the AzMan only via
AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider, but this excludes any other applications
to adjust the user-data, like the AzMan.msc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wim Verbeke