IP to location lookup

Mike

Hi all,

I'm developing an ASP.NET 2.0 site that require to lookup the visitor's country based on the IP.

Is there any free, simplest way to implement (using a web service, maybe) this thing?

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance,
Mike

Juan T. Llibre

MaxMind's GeoIP :

http://www.maxmind.com/app/ip-location

The APIs are at : http://www.maxmind.com/app/api
Check it out. If you like it, you may want to purchase their service.

You might also want to check out IP-to-country.
You can download their DB here : http://www.webhosting.info/

They require you to create an account.

Hi all,

I'm developing an ASP.NET 2.0 site that require to lookup the visitor's country based on the IP.

Is there any free, simplest way to implement (using a web service, maybe) this thing?

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance,
Mike

Juan T. Llibre

That one tells me I'm in Miami...but I am not there.

Another consideration is that both MaxMind and IP-to-country
have free services which you can use, besides a for-pay product,
while IP2Location doesn't offer any free services.

You might want to use the IP2Location .NET Control for .NET 2.0.

http://www.ip2location.com