    Please advise.

    Many thanks in advance,
    Mike

    Mike, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Mike

    Guest Guest

    I'm developing an ASP.NET 2.0 site that require to lookup the visitor's
    country based on the IP.
    There's a free ip->country db at http://www.hostip.info/

    Guest, Jul 19, 2006

  3. MaxMind's GeoIP :

    http://www.maxmind.com/app/ip-location

    The APIs are at : http://www.maxmind.com/app/api
    Check it out. If you like it, you may want to purchase their service.

    You might also want to check out IP-to-country.
    You can download their DB here : http://www.webhosting.info/

    They require you to create an account.

    Hi all,

    I'm developing an ASP.NET 2.0 site that require to lookup the visitor's country based on the IP.

    Is there any free, simplest way to implement (using a web service, maybe) this thing?

    Please advise.

    Many thanks in advance,
    Mike

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Mike

    mkwong8888 Guest

    mkwong8888, Jul 29, 2006
  5. That one tells me I'm in Miami...but I am not there.

    Another consideration is that both MaxMind and IP-to-country
    have free services which you can use, besides a for-pay product,
    while IP2Location doesn't offer any free services.

    You might want to use the IP2Location .NET Control for .NET 2.0.

    http://www.ip2location.com

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 29, 2006
  6. Mike

    Mark Rae Guest