IPV6_V6ONLY and SO_REUSEADDR: why?

_mario.lat

Hallo,
I have a question.
I use the IPV6_V6ONLY I have to use also SO_REUSEADDR options:
WHY?!?!

es.
s0=socket(AF_INET6,SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_TCP);
on=1; setsockopt=(s0,SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, &on,sizeof(on));

#ifdef USE_IPV6_V6ONLY
on=1;
setsockopt(s0,IPPROTO_IPV6, IPV6_V6ONLY,&on,sizeof(on));
#endif

thankyou in advance for your help,
Mario.

Walter Roberson

I have a question.
I use the IPV6_V6ONLY I have to use also SO_REUSEADDR options:
WHY?!?!

We don't know; that's a question about networking, not about the
C language.

If you are using networking on a Unix system, try asking in comp.unix.*