IRC

tma

I've been told that in order to create an ICQ, MSN, Yahoo! messenger type
application I need IRC type functionality so that I do not have to do client
polling of the server. Does anyone have any articles or reading materials on
this type of functionality and how to implement it? Can someone point me in
the direction of the .NET namespaces appropriate to such an application?

Thanks!