Is Frameset Emulation possible with ASP.Net 2005?

Jim

I want to have a left frame with links to interesting websites and load the
selected website into the right frame.

ASP.Net does not support frameset creation or editing int design view. So,
there must be a way to emulate the functionality that was so easy with
framesets.

I just can't find it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Thanks for the info.

Yet again, IMHO, Microsoft is trying to force its will on us by forgoing
support for the standard Frames implementation in favor of their technology
(Master pages).

This wouldn't be so bad if it actually improved on Frames (i.e. kept the
standard Frames functionality and added to it) but it doesn't.

I see Microsoft's intentional exclusion of the Frames objects from the
designer (not the inclusion of other simple HTML objects for which Microsoft
has no competing technology) as a way to force people to try and shoe-horn
their frames apps into Master pages - thus ensuring the developer is tied to
Microsoft products.

Looks like me and Dreameweaver are still going to be tight for some time to
come.

I am anxious to see what Microsoft's Expressions suite brings to the table.
I have seen the beta for the graphics editor - and, to be nice about it, it
is quite under-whelming.

Although I wish it were different, they will probably ignore more standards
in Expressions (regardless of their advertising hype) to try and hook
developers....instead of hooking them with great products.

It must be nice to be king......

Jim

m.posseth said:
Not in design view but it does in HTML view

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]

Jim said:
I want to have a left frame with links to interesting websites and load
the selected website into the right frame.

ASP.Net does not support frameset creation or editing int design view.
So, there must be a way to emulate the functionality that was so easy
with framesets.

I just can't find it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

I see Microsoft's intentional exclusion of the Frames objects from the
designer (not the inclusion of other simple HTML objects for which
Microsoft has no competing technology) as a way to force people to try and
shoe-horn their frames apps into Master pages - thus ensuring the
developer is tied to Microsoft products.

That should read " (note the inclusion"