Is it possible that I disable the Designer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by TZ, Mar 3, 2008.

  1. TZ

    TZ Guest

    Good Day to Everyone,

    I have created a class within a class library. The class is a direct DataSet
    descendant.

    public MyClass:DataSet

    the class is shown in Solution Explorer , and behaves too, like a Component
    Class.
    This means that when I double click the class icon, I am transfered to the
    Designer. Remember that if my class was just a simple class (an Object) I
    would go just go to the code editor.

    Well, this is exactly the heart of my question:
    Is there a way (an attribute perhaps) that says to VS 2005 to ignore/cancel
    the designer and take me directly to the code editor when I double click this
    class of mine ???

    Thanks in advance...

    TZ, Mar 3, 2008

  2. TZ

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    right-click the file and select "Open With". In the list pick the editor you
    want and click "Set as default". After this step (close the designer if
    you've had it it open), it should open the specified editor when clicking
    the file.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP