Is it possible to change TCP/IP settings of your computer using Ruby

zoat

Hi,
I would like to have easier and fast way to change the TCP/IP settings
of my computer.
As my job requires in order to connect to each customer network. For
example to change it to a specified IP/Gateway/Subnet Mask etc.
I have seem a VB script which does that.
Is that possible to do a script in Ruby to do that? Does exist any gem
in order to help me?

Kind Regards

Roberto Nogueira

Jano Svitok

Hi,
I would like to have easier and fast way to change the TCP/IP settings
of my computer.
As my job requires in order to connect to each customer network. For
example to change it to a specified IP/Gateway/Subnet Mask etc.
I have seem a VB script which does that.
Is that possible to do a script in Ruby to do that? Does exist any gem
in order to help me?

Kind Regards

Roberto Nogueira

if you're on windows, you can use WMI through Win32OLE, or netsh via
commandline/piping config

J.