Is London in the USA?

Awake

I have not made any effort to follow the aftermath of the London bombings
yet I just cannot get away from it. Anytime I zip through the channels there
are senior English police officers giving interviews to the Goebbels like
"American" TV anchors who are busy repeating the big lie about some
fictional terror organization called "Al Qaeda". Not a shred of evidence
of course, but constant repetition of the big lie.

What blows my mind is why there is just as much if not more TV "news"
time devoted to these events -which quite frankly killed a piddling number
of people- as if thousands were killed here in America. Even more disturbing
though is the continued connections to the London bombings to legislation
to curtail our civil rights here in America, and to give police even more power
to arrest, beat, torture and kill us. Even the CIA has representatives on TV
threatening us with more attacks here and justifying their use of torture even
though things continue to get worse. They also want surveillance cameras
installed everywhere except in prisons.

And the media just keeps on driving the debate further to the right. It is as
if Roosevelt had suspended the Constitution because "the commies"
burned down the Reichstag.

With the decade of kidnapping and torture of thousands of Muslims around
the world by the CIA, with the thousands of surveillance cameras and the
tens of thousands murdered in Iraq and Afghanistan, the problem only seems
to grow worse, yet the TV "news" media here in America spread more fear
and denounce any resistance as the work of "traitors".

The Constitution has all but been abolished in New York in the wake of the
bombings in London, England and not a word in opposition is to be heard,
just more fear mongering 24/7.

And let us not forget the martyrdom conferred upon the "injured Americans"
in the London bombings and the soon to be conferred martyrdom upon the
dead American in the Egypt bombing. These victims are receiving more
TV time then any soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan has; and while all these fake
tears are dripped upon the memory of these previously anonymous bombing
victims, several hundred Americans have been killed in automobile collisions.

We are sitting still watching our free countries be turned into lock down
police states with murderous, trigger happy cops given the OK to shoot
first and justify the murder later on. Remember my fellow freedom lovers;
this "War on Terror" has no end. The perpetrators (CIA) of it tell us this
nearly every day.

- - - - - -
"According to Michael Moloney, Gehring had even applied to
the CIA, and used to tell a story about it. The marine from
Dayton 'had no academic credentials,' Moloney relates, but
the CIA 'liked his attitude. "The world is full of commie bastards
and all I wanted to do at that time was kill, kill, kill."'
Moloney quotes Gehring as having said."
-Jonathan Kwitny,"The Crimes of Patriots" ISBN: 0-393-02387-7

zerouali

I'm simply amazed that the original poster can actually work a computer if
the drivel posted is representative of the individuals IQ.

PC Medic

What blows my mind is why there is just as much if not more TV "news"
time devoted to these events -which quite frankly killed a piddling number
of people-

Perhaps if one of these 'piddling number of people' were a relative of yours
you would think differently.
The fact they were not American is as irrelevant as the rest of your post.
What makes our lives more valuable than another's!?

Now go away troll!

Proconsul

Please have your therapist adjust your medication - you are one sick puppy,
not to mention being semi-braindead.......:(

By the way, you appear to be in Australia - what's your main source of
paranoia about what is happening in the US or the UK?....:)

PC

Cowgum

PC said:
Perhaps if one of these 'piddling number of people' were a relative of yours
you would think differently.
The fact they were not American is as irrelevant as the rest of your post.
What makes our lives more valuable than another's!?

Now go away troll!
It's too bad he put it that way.. I know I really shouldn't bother
responding, but still..
I understand his point, you can basicly gain votes in almost every
country or even win an election if you just use the word terrorism a
lot.. I read an article about this a while ago, it seemed the rate of
terrorist attacks was in the 70's much higher than now.. But yea, as
long as the media keep feeding them that will change..
Funny how the same system we use to communicate and discuss, or even
allows us to buy our daily lucky strike had a very signivicant role as
being the most propaganda generating, fear causing machine

To me personally the London attack, the worst consequence is not the
people who miss a member from their family (please don't get me wrong; I
know it's terrible for them) but the media riot thats coming from it..
The effect it will have on society.. If it's not just fear, there will
be hate.. I come from the netherlands myself, and I have friends around
in other places of the world; and everybody notices effects. Great..
that's exactly what your enemy wants, whoever it is..

wtf, I sound like a hippy..

Cowgum

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Awake quothed:
With the decade of kidnapping and torture of thousands of Muslims around
the world by the CIA

Yeah? What decade was that?

The rest of your spiel was just as irrational as that lie.

Drumstick

[...]

In other words, we ain't buying....go sell it somewhere else!

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Awake quothed:

Yeah? What decade was that?

The rest of your spiel was just as irrational as that lie.

I don't think it was *just as*. Come to think of it, you reason nice and
simple... not by any chance the real George Bush are you?

dorayme

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
I don't think it was *just as*. Come to think of it, you reason nice and
simple... not by any chance the real George Bush are you?

No, I don't subscribe to most of the the tenets of the Republican party
and consider ol' George far from being the ideal president. He's a good
politician, though; I'll give him that. But as to your first statement,
did you agree (with me) or not? Everyone likes to blame the CIA for
inciting everything up to and including another World War and the same
CIA certainly has had its peccadilloes but in my opinion that's like
blaming Eve for Adolph Hitler.

You have to remember that terrorists may be clever but they're not
smart. If they were smart they'd come up with some real, viable ways to
accomplish their goals instead of just reacting to their frustration
like spoiled children. Osama bin Laden and all of Al Qaeda are much
like the bully gangs of my primary school days, the members of which are
now generally living sub-par lives due to their own delusions and
indulgence.

Mike Lindsay

Awake said:
[...]

Yes, very interesting, but not a lot to do with Volvos, is it?

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

No, I don't subscribe to most of the the tenets of the Republican party
and consider ol' George far from being the ideal president. He's a good
politician, though; I'll give him that. But as to your first statement,
did you agree (with me) or not?

Not really. There were sentiments in the OP that were not as wild as others.
If you want more, set up a blog and tell me where I can give you a piece of
my mind.

dorayme

Awake

With neither quill nor qualm, Awake quothed:

Yeah? What decade was that?

Oh my, another ignorant piece of shit who thinks he knows all.

Read:

"The criminal prosecution of terrorist suspects has
not been a priority for the Bush Administration,
which has focussed, rather, on preventing additional
attacks. But some people who have been fighting
terrorism for many years are concerned about
unintended consequences of the Administration's
radical legal measures. Among these critics is
Michael Scheuer, a former C.I.A. counter-terrorism
expert who helped establish the practice of
rendition. Scheuer left the agency in 2004, and has
written two acerbic critiques of the government's
fight against Islamic terrorism under the pseudonym
Anonymous, the most recent of which, 'Imperial
Hubris,' was a best-seller.

Not long ago, Scheuer, who lives in northern
Virginia, spoke openly for the first time about how
he and several other top C.I.A. officials set up the
program, in the mid-nineties."

Michael Scheuer has made some appearances on TV such as "Face The Nation",
interviewed by Tim Russert. The Italian authorities should issue an arrest warrant
for him.

Continue your education (BTW, this is from The New Yorker, Feb 2005):

"Scheuer sought the counsel of Mary Jo White, the
former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of
New York, who, along with a small group of F.B.I.
agents, was pursuing the 1993 World Trade Center
bombing case. In 1998, White's team obtained an
indictment against bin Laden, authorizing U.S.
agents to bring him and his associates to the United
States to stand trial. From the start, though, the C.I.
A. was wary of granting terrorism suspects the due
process afforded by American law."

Don't expect the CIA to turn over their agents for trial in Italy, they
believe they are above all laws.

Continue reading:

"The agency realized that 'we had to
come up with a third party'."

"The obvious choice, Scheuer said, was Egypt. The
largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid after Israel,
Egypt was a key strategic ally, and its secret police
force, the Mukhabarat, had a reputation for brutality.
Egypt had been frequently cited by the State
Department for torture of prisoners. According to a
2002 report, detainees were "stripped and
blindfolded; suspended from a ceiling or doorframe
with feet just touching the floor; beaten with fists,
whips, metal rods, or other objects; subjected to
electrical shocks; and doused with cold water [and]
sexually assaulted.'"

What more do you need to know? Oh that's right, the "decade" part.

Read on:

"In 1995, Scheuer said, American agents proposed
the rendition program to Egypt, making clear that it
had the resources to track, capture, and transport
terrorist suspects globally -including access to a
small fleet of aircraft. Egypt embraced the idea."

The rest of your spiel was just as irrational as that lie.

No sir, the rest of my post was as accurate and truthful as the above.

You can probably find this article online if some monkey can show you
how to use a search engine. The author is Jane Mayer and the title of
the article is "OUTSOURCING TORTURE: The secret history of America's
'extraordinary rendition' program." Issue of 2005-02-14

- - - - - -
"According to Michael Moloney, Gehring had even applied to
the CIA, and used to tell a story about it. The marine from
Dayton 'had no academic credentials,' Moloney relates, but
the CIA 'liked his attitude. "The world is full of commie bastards
and all I wanted to do at that time was kill, kill, kill."'
Moloney quotes Gehring as having said."
-Jonathan Kwitny,"The Crimes of Patriots" ISBN: 0-393-02387-7

Joel Shepherd

Awake said:
Oh my, another ignorant piece of shit who thinks he knows all.

Thus announcing your disinterest in sober debate. But anyway ...

[Big snip to get to the phrase of interest ...]
"transport terrorist suspects globally"

So, I'm just curious. The article you quoted referred to "terrorist
suspects" and _not once_ referred to "Muslims". So, why are _you_
equating "Muslims" with "terrorist suspects"? Pot? Kettle? Black?
No sir, the rest of my post was as accurate and truthful as the above.

Manipulative is not "accurate and truthful". Have a nice day now.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Not really. There were sentiments in the OP that were not as wild as others.
If you want more, set up a blog and tell me where I can give you a piece of
my mind.

I hate blogs. Nevertheless, I will defend to the death your right to be
wrong.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Awake quothed:
Oh my, another ignorant piece of shit who thinks he knows all.

Okay, I'll ignore that because later on in your message you call me
"sir".
**Supporting data snipped-see previous article**
What more do you need to know? Oh that's right, the "decade" part.

Read on:

"In 1995, Scheuer said, American agents proposed
the rendition program to Egypt, making clear that it
had the resources to track, capture, and transport
terrorist suspects globally -including access to a
small fleet of aircraft. Egypt embraced the idea."

Look, this boils down to 2 things: how you interpret and believe what
you read, and how much accountability you attribute to the government
for those actions and individual accounts that you do believe. I, for
one, do not see a fascist around every corner in this country. Ergo, I
simply don't believe you or your crap despite the fact that some of the
source data *may* have elements of truth. If you wish to be an acolyte
of radicalism, be my guest, but don't expect me or others to swallow
your awful offal.
No sir, the rest of my post was as accurate and truthful as the above.

You can probably find this article online if some monkey can show you
how to use a search engine. The author is Jane Mayer and the title of
the article is "OUTSOURCING TORTURE: The secret history of America's
'extraordinary rendition' program." Issue of 2005-02-14

Bah! Sure, some American(s) somewhere might have tortured or authorized
or incited torture on a/some non-national being(s). And what does that
prove? The same can be said of Spaniards or Germans or Brits or any
other nationality you can think of! You are confusing individual or
small-group actions with a major governmental policy and conspiracy!
Wake up, Awake!

That said, this argument could go on forever, and you are entitled to
your delusions I suppose, but don't you think that posting them in an
html forum is pretty stupid? Even if you had any credibility to begin
with, such a boner alone would have negated it.