is perl a mess as it scales, and is it really hard to debug?

xhoster

Please put your question in your message as well as in the subject line.

] is perl a mess as it scales,

Scales in what dimension? Code gets bigger? Data structures get bigger?
Programs run for longer times without restarting? number of threads
increases?

] and is it really hard to debug?

If you write spaghetti code, it will be hard to debug. In any language.
I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
language.

For some people it is the most productive. Other people need the B&D of
something like Java to keep them from shooting themselves in the foot.

Xho

Tad McClellan

gavino said:
I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
language.

Some of these people are correct, some of those people are wrong,
but most people bitch while using Perl productively!