Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Gene Heskett

Greetings;

I had an app that is a heavy user of python crash on exit earlier today,
and ever since, the app complains it can't find something in the python
tree, and eventually the app exits.

The leading few lines of the dmesg report are:

Starting LinuxCNC...
redis server started as: 'redis-server ', logging to: /dev/null
(time=1355621147.276382,pid=5133): Registering server on TCP port 5005.
(time=1355621147.276602,pid=5133): running server for TCP port 5005
(connection_socket = 3).
io started
iocontrol: machine: 'my-lathe' version 'unknown'
halcmd loadusr io started
task pid=5195
task: machine: 'my-lathe' version 'unknown'
emcTaskOnce: Python plugin configuredemcTaskOnce: extract(task_instance):
KeyError: ('task',)

emcTaskOnce: no Python Task() instance available, using default iocontrol-
based task methods
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
waiting for s.axes
A configuration error is preventing LinuxCNC from starting.

Then it throws several stanza's of unload messages, culmination in a
SEGMENTATION FAULT.

How can I check & see if my python install if alive?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Restaurant package, not for resale.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...