is there a quick way to compare the results from two arrays and note the diffences?

windandwaves

is there a quick way to compare the results from two arrays and note the differences?

I have two identical tables in MySql (backup and current table) and I want to work out the differences between them (i.e. what
fields are different). I could construct some long function, but I was wondering if anyone had a quick method (I am just learning
PHP).

Thank you

- Nicolaas

Daniel Tryba

In comp.lang.php windandwaves said:
is there a quick way to compare the results from two arrays and note the differences?

That's an RTFM, see http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.array.php for all
the array functions.
I have two identical tables in MySql (backup and current table) and I want to work out the differences between them (i.e. what
fields are different). I could construct some long function, but I was wondering if anyone had a quick method (I am just learning
PHP).

Differences in database tables should be computed by the database
itself if possible.

BTW set your width to something beneath 80 to keep you articles
readable.