is there a way to do this

Mike

What i'm working on a project and what we want to do is, to allow the user
create a "my yahoo" type portal and customize it with their favorate sports
team. Is there any way or anything I could use to get all kinds of
information on a team or game that the user types in?

Example:
If the user wants everything on the Steelers, then i want to search the
internet and return all kinds of information on the steelers, from scores,
stats, schedule, etc. or if they want everything on the steelers vs eagles
game, stats, etc.
Can that be done and if so what can I use and is there something i could
look at that can do this or does something like this

thx

Eric Cherng

Mike,

Yes this can be done! If you take a look at the ASP.NET Portal Starter Kit,
this can give you an idea how to start your portal. Of course you'll need
to write your own code to do the actually downloading of data, but you can
base your portal on the starter kit to get a heads up on developing the
portal framework.

http://asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=9&tabid=47

Eric

Kevin Spencer

Check out Microsoft SharePoint Portal Services.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Mike

I have the portal already setup, its the downloading of the data that I need
help with

Kevin Spencer

Well, you could certainly initiate a WebRequest to Google, and parse the
HTML. In fact, I'm sure Google has information about interfacing with their
web site published somewhere on their web site.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer