Is there a way to get a single mode using all the points within a 2D array?

Joined
Apr 7, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

What I am looking for:
I want to get the single mode from all 90 points. (in this case, it will be a single mode value of 230)

Is there a way to get a mode of all the elements/points within a 2D array?

When I run:
Code:
 a = np.array(arrOriginalImage01[YPixelsPerStud*(Yi01-1):YPixelsPerStud*Yi01,XPixelsPerStud*(Xi01-1):XPixelsPerStud*Xi01,0])
I get the following:
return from np.array.png

My attempt at solution:
Code:
from scipy import stats
stats.mode(a)
I get:
1665988679011.png

This gives me 9 modes, one for each column in my array (aka, this is wrong because it is not a single mode based on all 90 points).

Any ideas?
Thanks

Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
61
Reaction score
6
i don't know anything about the statistics module, but its fairly straight forward to code it.

just loop over the array keeping track of the most common value.

Joined
Apr 7, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Code:
        a = np.array(arrOriginalImage01[YPixelsPerStud*(Yi01-1):YPixelsPerStud*Yi01,XPixelsPerStud*(Xi01-1):XPixelsPerStud*Xi01,0])
        arrPixelPerStud02[Yi01-1,Xi01-1,0] = np.average(stats.mode(np.reshape(a,YPixelsPerStud*XPixelsPerStud))[0],None)

I think I found a solution by using "numpy.Reshape"

I think the numpy.average part of the code is superfluous but i put it in incase there are multiple modes.