J2ME - loading big JPG files

ab

Hi,
can anybody know how can I load and display large JPG files in J2ME?

best regards ab

Crouchez

ab said:
Hi,
can anybody know how can I load and display large JPG files in J2ME?

best regards ab

problem is with that is the memory capacity is quite low - so big jpgs with
throw errors - depends on how advanced the hardware is

Kevin McMurtrie

Hi,
can anybody know how can I load and display large JPG files in J2ME?

best regards ab

One of the newer image APIs should be able to give you a raster output
as long as it's not a progressive JPEG. I thought I saw it in there.
You'll probably have to write your own scaling algorithm for a raster
but the memory consumption will be extremely low.

Sabine Dinis Blochberger

Crouchez said:
problem is with that is the memory capacity is quite low - so big jpgs with
throw errors - depends on how advanced the hardware is
If you run into a hardware limitation, all you can do is fail
gracefully.