J2ME MIDlet runtime failure on Siemens ST60

Andreas R

I have some problems running the demo MIDlets on my Siemens ST60 (which
supports MIDP 2).
I'm using Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.3 Beta, and I'm trying to run some
of the demos which are distributed with Sun Java Wireless Toolkit in
the apps directory.

This is what I do to test it on my Siemens ST60:

1. Copy WTK23\apps\NetworkDemo\bin\NetworkDemo.jar and
WTK23\apps\NetworkDemo\bin\NetworkDemo.jad to the Apache webserver
directory on my SuSE Linux computer.

2. Then I point my Siemens ST60 to NetworkDemo.jad on hostname of my
SuSE Linux computer. Installation then begins, and is successful.

3. When I try to run the demo app, I get the following error message:
"The MIDlet could not be instantiated : Failed to set up the user MIDlet."

The error message appears for all demos that are distributed with Sun
JWT. Has anyone encountered this error? Is this a known problem with
Siemens ST60, or do I need to use a special WTK for Siemens?

Andreas R.