J2me,no keyPressed() event on soft buttons

Discussion in 'Java' started by Boki, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Hi All,
    I found there is no keyPressed() event on two more keys, they are:

    left soft button (usually `'call'' ), and right soft button (press it for
    ''end call'' when we got a phone call )

    I can found the response values are -6 and -7 in WTK simulator respectly.

    but in real phone test, it not work.

    phone problem or j2me problem?

    Thank you very much.

    Can we solve it?

    Best regards,
    Boki.

    Boki, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Neither. OEMs aren't required to make those keys available to the MIDP
    developer.

    Darryl Pierce, Apr 16, 2005