J2ME: Phone Book for 3,000 records.. please help me

Sky Rhythm

Dears..

I have to develop a midlet... Phone book for 3,000 contacts..
the user for this midlet can't modify or add new record.. just list
them and search...
The records contain the flowing information:
1.first name
2.second name
3.family name
4.mobile
5.e-amil
6.state

The thing is what is best way to start with.. I'm thinking...
Is it to possible to have the data in csv format... store every line
into a record store... then retrieve them...
Second thing: is there any limitations for the size?

Please help, because I have to do it..

Martin Gregorie

Sky said:
Dears..

I have to develop a midlet... Phone book for 3,000 contacts..
the user for this midlet can't modify or add new record.. just list
them and search...
The records contain the flowing information:
1.first name
2.second name
3.family name
4.mobile
5.e-amil
6.state

The thing is what is best way to start with.. I'm thinking...
Is it to possible to have the data in csv format... store every line
into a record store... then retrieve them...
Second thing: is there any limitations for the size?

Please help, because I have to do it..
Why not use LDAP?

Simon Brooke

Sky said:
Dears..

I have to develop a midlet... Phone book for 3,000 contacts..
the user for this midlet can't modify or add new record.. just list
them and search...
The records contain the flowing information:
1.first name
2.second name
3.family name
4.mobile
5.e-amil
6.state

The thing is what is best way to start with.. I'm thinking...
Is it to possible to have the data in csv format...

You can't do that, you have no file system.
store every line
into a record store... then retrieve them...

That's your only option.
Second thing: is there any limitations for the size?

Yes. The memory of the device, which you don't know in advance.

Simon Brooke

Martin Gregorie said:
Why not use LDAP?

He can't do that locally on a MIDP platform. He could do it remotely, but
from the phrasing of the question I don't think he wants to do it
remotely.