J2ME, phone soft buttons, Nokia 6600 / SE9xx / SIEMENS S65.

Boki

Hi All,
It seems that SIEMENS is unsocial, because the soft button define
is different to others.
It make me very complicated to compiler a code for all phones !

Does it has no rule to follow about keycdoe?

Best regards,
Boki.

Darryl L. Pierce

Boki said:
It seems that SIEMENS is unsocial, because the soft button define
is different to others.
It make me very complicated to compiler a code for all phones !

Does it has no rule to follow about keycdoe?

To what are you referring? The keycode values returned by the softkeys?
If you consult the MIDP specification, you'll see that there are no
specified values for those keys in the specification, so there's no
specific value to return.

bokiteam

OK, I don't know about this.

But, It seems that Sony Ericsson / Nokia define same values.... it is
easy to develop for them..

Boki.

bokiteam

OK, I don't know about this.

But, It seems that Sony Ericsson / Nokia define same values.... it is
easy to develop for them..

Boki.

bokiteam

It seems that others should follow Nokia :p

Here is a short description about Sony Ericsson K750i:

Java Technology: more>>
CLDC 1.1
MIDP 2.0
Java 3D (Mascot Capsule® v3 + JSR-184)