j2sdk-1_4_2_04-windows-i586-p.exe didn't install JRE correctly.

Cheok Yan Cheng

I realize that j2sdk-1_4_2_04-windows-i586-p.exe didnt install JRE
probably.

Server folder which is used for Java HotSpot Server VM was not found
in C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin.

Hence, i need to manually copy the folder
D:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\jre\bin\server to JRE location.

I was wondering is this the correct way to do so? anyone of u have
encounter this problem before?

thank you.

regards
yancheng

Ashwin

The public JRE (One that comes under C:\Program Files\Java\) installs
only the client VM. Only the SDK's private JRE in c:\j2sdk\jre will have
both client & server VM.

As you said, one could manually copy the server vm to the public JRE.

This behavoir is only on Windows platform.

-Ashwin