Java 1.4.2_06 installation - Whats with all the java.exe

Micha

I've got a question about the installation of 1.4.2_06. I've downloaded the
j2sdk-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p.exe from Sun and installed this java version.
It installs three java.exe files.
j2re1.4.2_06\bin\java.exe
j2sdk1.4.2_06\bin.java.exe
j2sdk1.4.2_6\jre\bin\java.exe
What I need is to run java with the parm -server. Only the last bin folder
(j2sdk1.4.2_6\jre\bin) contains a server folder. So I guess this is the
program to use and I set the path to it. But when I run "java -server" this
error appears:
Error: no `server' JVM at `C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
Which I can understand, because the j2re1.4.2_06\bin folder has no folder
server. But why is it looking in the j2re1.4.2_06\bin and not to the
j2sdk1.4.2_6\jre\bin which is set in the path. I know that the correct
java.exe is executed. When I rename the other two, Windows still finds the
jave.exe to run.
So I have two questions. Why are there three java.exe (Sun says in the
installation instructions there will be two, one private, one public)? And
how can I get java to use the correct bin folder so I can use the server
parameter?

Any help would be appreciated (naturally, else I wouldn't have posted this
message).

Micha