    How do you ensure you did not forget anything?

    How do you ensure you did not include anything needlessly?

    I have been using GenJar, but it is failing more and more often.

    Roedy Green, May 28, 2014

  2. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    GenJar. I could never get GenJar2 to work at all.

    What build system do you use? Maven?

    Roedy Green, May 28, 2014

  3. Roedy Green

    Joerg Meier Guest

    Happens on its own.
    ProGuard set to shrink.

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    Joerg Meier, May 28, 2014
  4. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    I have been reading the free Gradle eBook, which infuriatingly wants
    to tell me how to update SQL databases, not how to build a jar.

    From what I have read so far, it seems, like Maven and Ivy, Gradle
    does not do class dependency management, only jar dependency
    management. If even one class in a jar is need, the whole jar
    included in the distributed jar, and the contents of any jars any of
    those classes need. You tell it which jars depend on which. Therefore
    the problem of dynamic loading of classes unknown at compile time does
    not come up. The disadvantage is your jars are bloated.

    Is that correct?

    Roedy Green, Jun 2, 2014