Jar file dependency in a JSP page

unlikeablePorpoise

I have written a java class (let's just call it foo) that can
successfully be accessed from my jsp page by jsp:useBean. Then I
imported some methods from a jar that are now being used in foo, and
this compiles successfully.

The problem is that now my jsp page won't compile anymore (after
importing the methods from the jar). I get a Jasper exception on the
line where I make a call to the method imported from the jar. Do I
have to import the jar on the jsp page as well?

Let me know if I need to clarify my question

Thanks,
Sarah

Andrew Thompson

I have written a java class (let's just call it foo)

See Lew's comment re capitalisation , but
further than that, why not call it what
it is? Is the name a secret?
..that can
successfully be accessed from my jsp page by jsp:useBean. Then I
imported some methods from a jar that are now being used in foo, and
this compiles successfully.

The problem is that now my jsp page won't compile anymore (after
importing the methods from the jar). I get a Jasper exception on the
line where I make a call to the method imported from the jar. Do I
have to import the jar on the jsp page as well?

It might be that the server has yet to notice
the altered Jar. Try refreshing the server.

To achieve that refresh, I would usually stop
and restart the server, but Lew pointed out
recently that it can be done while the server
is running (which is preferable - especially
if it is a production server!).

Andrew T.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

I have written a java class (let's just call it foo) that can
successfully be accessed from my jsp page by jsp:useBean. Then I
imported some methods from a jar that are now being used in foo, and
this compiles successfully.

The problem is that now my jsp page won't compile anymore (after
importing the methods from the jar). I get a Jasper exception on the
line where I make a call to the method imported from the jar. Do I
have to import the jar on the jsp page as well?

Have you put the jar file in WEB-INF/lib so it is available at runtime
and restarted the web app ?

Arne