Java based BI on the rise

JP

Yellowfin Business Intelligence recognised among 25 rising companies
that CIO’s must know about.

MIS Magazine has recognised Yellowfin Business Intelligence as a
rising star with inclusion in its strategic 100 list for 2008.

The MIS Strategic 100 provides a snapshot of the international,
domestic and soon-to-be-big technology vendors battling it out for
market share. It also gives an indication of which technology trends
are being taken up by enterprise organizations in a variety of
industries and, just as tellingly, those that are not.
Yellowfin’s inclusion in the 2008 list as a rising star is a signal to
the industry that the established views of BI are being challenged by
innovative companies. Location Intelligence, embedded BI, intuitive
drag and drop user interfaces and flexible data access are some of the
reasons for Yellowfin’s rapidly growing international customer
base.

In judging the top 25 Rising Stars; MIS states, These are often young
companies, but ones that show signs of seriously influencing the way
technology is bought or deployed. Many of these companies can expect
rapid growth, to make acquisitions, be acquired, or otherwise
significantly increase their presence in the marketplace over the next
12 months. This is an early warning to take note of companies that are
already impressing savvy CIOs.

Business intelligence is infamously complex and is seldom hailed as a
complete success, thanks to the intricacies of configuring and
operating this class of software.

Yellowfin’s chief executive. Glen Rabie, says, "Our entire business
has been built around the belief that business intelligence should be
easy".

The approach seems to be working. "The last 12 months has been a time
of tremendous growth," Rabie says."We have been busy developing our
partner network and, although the company is based in Australia, 75 to
80 per cent of our business is overseas, because the markets are so
much bigger there. We work almost exclusively with partners for sales,
distribution, consulting and software services. These are either
resellers or OEM [original equipment manufacturer] partners that embed
Yellowfin into their applications."

Customers include Ingres, Kyocera Maruzen, LogicaCMG, Progress
Software, Sybase and Zensar, Telstra, Pacific Gas and Electric
Company, 2Wire, Alterpoint, Zellegpharma, Transurban.

Other highlights are the July 2008 release of Yellowfin BI 4.0, which
adds new mapping tools and a cross-selling strategic partnership with
Sybase.

Rabie calls the company's new opportunity "pervasive BI".

"I believe the biggest change will be the emergence and dominance of
embedded BI. Embedded BI is needed to support the thousands of
business workers who want access to BI when they are working within an
application for transactional purposes - they do not want to access an
alternate application for their reports and data. It is this area of
embedded BI that is going to make BI pervasive, bite-size, tailored to
the business process and rich in collaborative functionality."

To qualify for the list, the companies must have a significant
presence in the market and derive a large portion of their revenue
from outside their domestic markets. Yellowfin, beat out, fierce
competition to make it onto the list of the most strategically
important operators, nominated and judged by MIS editorial teams
internationally.

Andrew Thompson

Yellowfin Business Intelligence recognised among 25 rising companies
that ...

...spam usenet?

We don't need to know about companies that
spam usenet. Go away.