Java vs C++

tholen

167> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

167> The intrinsic merits were not at issue; only its desktop
penetration --
167> or lack thereof.

Classic erroneous presupposition.

168> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

168> Nobody claimed otherwise, thalidomide.

Who is "thalidomide", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

168> Of course, Edsel barely nibbled at the edges of Chevrolet's
market
168> share,

Classic inappropriate analogy; Edsel is a model, Eater, whereas
Chevrolet
is a brand.

168> tholoon.

Who is "tholoon", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

168> On your part, thallium.

Who is "thallium", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

168> OS/2 users, thalien

Who is "thalien", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

168> -- all two of them.

Classic erroneous presupposition.

168> OMFG, he's gone completely 'round the bend now.

Who is "OMFG", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.

168> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
168> with OS/2, thiol?

Who is "thiol", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

169> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

169> What does your classic tholenbotty and erroneous claim have to do
with
169> OS/2, Pitt?

Who is "tholenbotty", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

170> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

170> What does your classic trolloonish and erroneous claim have to do
with
170> OS/2, Pitt?

Who is "trolloonish", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

170> Wherever Pitt goes, "bizarre" seems to follow.

Well, you certainly did follow Pitt, Eater, and you've certainly
been bizarre as well:

"VAX is an operating system, Vajhøj."
--Sulfide Eater

Sulfide Eater

167> The intrinsic merits were not at issue; only its desktop
167> penetration -- or lack thereof.

Classic erroneous presupposition.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, tholenbot?
168> Of course, Edsel barely nibbled at the edges of Chevrolet's
168> market share,

Classic inappropriate analogy

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, technicolor?
168> -- all two of them.

Classic erroneous presupposition.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, terawatt?
168> OMFG, he's gone completely 'round the bend now.

Who is "OMFG", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.

And how!
170> Wherever Pitt goes, "bizarre" seems to follow.

Well, you certainly did follow Pitt, Eater, and you've certainly
been bizarre as well

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, thermonuclear?

tholen

171> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

171> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
171> with OS/2, tholenbot?

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

171> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
171> with OS/2, technicolor?

Who is "technicolor", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

171> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
171> with OS/2, terawatt?

Who is "terawatt", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

171> And how!

What does your exclamation have to do with OS/2, Eater?

171> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
171> with OS/2, thermonuclear?

Who is "thermonuclear", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

"VAX is an operating system, Vajhøj."
--Sulfide Eater

RedGrittyBrick

More relevant to the groups to which this thread is distributed,

Newsgroups trimmed.
would
AIX be a satisfactory platform for ... Java programming?

Only if someone (IBM?) provide up-to date SDK and JRE for AIX.
It would be useful if Eclipse or Netbeans was available.

I don't know if these conditions are satisfied by AIX.

(I suspect TeX is easier as I imagine TeX and many associated tools are
relatively easy for mortals to compile on AIX)

blmblm

On 18/02/2011 12:09 PM, Lars Enderin wrote:
[snip]

NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!!
It's just Twisted, [false accusation deleted].

None of the nasty things that Lars has said or implied about me are at
all true.
Who is "Twisted", Enderin? There is nobody in this newsgroup using that
alias.

I used to use that name here, years ago. I bested Lars in some
argument or another and he's been carrying a grudge ever since.

Long-time readers of this group will probably be able to form
their own opinions about this claim. (They should also be advised
that I don't intend to pursue this discussion beyond this single
post.)

Others might want to review the record of previous interactions
between you and Lars [1] before forming an opinion. Any reasonable
person might resent some of the debating tactics you have employed
on occasion, here and in other newsgroups.

[1] I may be misremembering, but I think it all began in a thread
with subject line "Great SWT program", which eventually turned into
huge [2] sprawling debate on any number of off-topic subjects.

[2] 5000+ posts. "You have been warned" ?

Every
so often he randomly flames me out of the blue, usually by comparing
someone else he's flaming to me and both of us to something
unpleasant.
[insult deleted].

Indeed. None of the nasty things that Lars has said or implied about
me are at all true.

tholen

1> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

1> Long-time readers of this group will probably be able to form
1> their own opinions about this claim.

Which group?

1> (They should also be advised
1> that I don't intend to pursue this discussion beyond this single
1> post.)

Famous Last Words.

1> Others might want to review the record of previous interactions
1> between you and Lars [1] before forming an opinion. Any reasonable
1> person might resent some of the debating tactics you have employed
1> on occasion, here and in other newsgroups.

What does Gerrone's debating tactics have to do with OS/2, blm?

1> [1] I may be misremembering, but I think it all began in a thread
1> with subject line "Great SWT program", which eventually turned into
1> huge [2] sprawling debate on any number of off-topic subjects.

Gerrone's debating tactics are off-topic in an OS/2 newsgroup, blm.

1> [2] 5000+ posts. "You have been warned" ?

Only 5000?

Jerry Gerrone

I used to use that name here, years ago. I bested Lars in some
argument or another and he's been carrying a grudge ever since.

[implied insult deleted].

No. None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.
 (They should also be advised that I don't intend to pursue this
discussion beyond this single post.)

I've heard that before.
[implied that I've been dishonest]. [insult deleted]

No! None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.
[1] I may be misremembering, but I think it all began in a thread
with subject line "Great SWT program", which eventually turned into
huge [2] sprawling debate on any number of off-topic subjects.

That much is true.
[2] 5000+ posts.  "You have been warned" ?

The flamers in this newsgroup can be extremely tenacious. Several,
notably Larshole, Arnehole, and Wildemar, cross the line into
obsessive-compulsive behavior. And after crossing it Arne keeps going
for miles, as another unfortunate victim is apparently now in the
process of finding out to judge from the rapid inflation of the
"reading last line from text file" thread and it usually showing Arne
as the most recent poster.

Jerry Gerrone

1> [implied insult deleted].

No. None of the nasty things that blmblm has said or implied about me
are at all true.
Which group?

comp.lang.java.programmer, presumably.
1> [implies that I've been dishonest]. [insult deleted].

No! None of the nasty things that blmblm has said or implied about me
are at all true.
What does [implied insult deleted] have to do with OS/2, blm?

Nothing, and none of the nasty things that blmblm has said or implied
about me are at all true.
1> [1] I may be misremembering, but I think it all began in a thread
1> with subject line "Great SWT program", which eventually turned into
1> huge [2] sprawling debate on any number of off-topic subjects.

[implied insult deleted] are off-topic in an OS/2 newsgroup, blm.

None of the nasty things that blmblm has said or implied about me are
at all true.
1> [2] 5000+ posts.  "You have been warned" ?

Only 5000?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholen?

tholen

1484> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

1484> tholen tholed:

What was allegedly endured while writing, dizzy?

1484> They are both operating systems, tholen. Duh.

Still suffering from reading comprehension problems, dizzy?
I didn't ask about what "they" are. I ask about what your
statement "VMS was the operating system." has to do with
OS/2. As expected, you didn't answer that question.

1484> What does that have to do with OS/2, tholen?

"They are both operating systems"
--dizzy

Having trouble remembering your own justification, dizzy?

1484> I've been reading your postings for years, tholen, so I
1484> felt safe in making the assumption.

What does your non sequitur response have to do with OS/2,
dizzy?

tholen

1485> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

1485> tholen tholed:

What was allegedly endured while writing, dizzy?

1485> Classic erroneous presupposition.

1485> Classic pontification.

1485> Why, that's not even grammatical, tholen.

Classic pontification.

1485> Incorrect, tholen. You asked what "that" has to do with OS/2.

Classic contradiction.

1485> As expected, your question was ambiguous, tholen.

1485> I answered the question you asked, tholen.

1485> Illogical, tholen, given that your question here was only
regarding my
1485> "tense".

1485> "Tense" is not an operating system, tholen. Duh.

Irrelevant, given that I never claimed otherwise, dizzy. Still
suffering from reading comprehension problems, dizzy?

1485> Did you not ask me if I had first-hand experience with kooky
1485> astrologers, tholen?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, dizzy?

Susan Calvin

[...]

To everyone in these newsgroups: the troll that has plagued you for some
time now is David J. Tholen. Tholen is a notorious Usenet kook who has
won KOTM once (March 1998) and Clueless Newbie of the Month *twice* (in
February 2003 as himself -- despite being on usenet for at *least* five
years by that point -- and again in April 2009 as "Seamus MacRae" as an
ELEVEN year Usenet veteran).

Tholen has been active under a wide variety of aliases for over a dozen
years and is recognizable by a distinct pattern of OCD-like ritualized
the "what does X have to do with <newsgroup topic>/classic
unsubstantiated and erroneous claim" most closely associated with his
real-world identity. Then there's the "[insult deleted]"/"none of the
nasty things" pattern, and others.

Tholen is not actually a reply-bot, but he might as well be one. The only
recourse with Tholen is your killfile. If you want Tholen to shut up, do
not reply to Tholen.

This will be my only post to this thread.

HTH.

Juniper

[...]

Rubbish. Tholen posts through google and has a Hawaii IP, and Seamus
(real name Paul Derbyshire) has a Ottawa IP when he posts through
google.
Tholen has been active under a wide variety of aliases for over a
dozen years and is recognizable by a distinct pattern of OCD-like
ritualized responses once under attack. He has a few such patterns,
one of which is the "what does X have to do with <newsgroup
topic>/classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim" most closely
associated with his real-world identity.

That's Tholen's idiosyncrasy.

Then there's the "[insult
deleted]"/"none of the nasty things" pattern, and others.

And that is Seamus's idiosyncrasy, though he has started copying Tholen.
Must be love, or hero worship.
Tholen is not actually a reply-bot, but he might as well be one. The
only recourse with Tholen is your killfile. If you want Tholen to shut
up, do not reply to Tholen.

This will be my only post to this thread.

Good. Now **** off.

Paul Cager

Rubbish.  Tholen posts through google and has a Hawaii IP, and Seamus
(real name Paul Derbyshire) has a Ottawa IP when he posts through
google.

Was that tongue in cheek, or were you serious? The IP address the
server sees doesn't tell you much about the person's location.

Jerry Gerrone

To everyone in these newsgroups: the troll that has plagued you for some
time now is David J. Tholen. Tholen is a notorious Usenet kook who has
won KOTM once (March 1998) and Clueless Newbie of the Month *twice* (in
February 2003 as himself -- despite being on usenet for at *least* five
years by that point -- and again in April 2009 as "Seamus MacRae" as an
ELEVEN year Usenet veteran).

Tholen has been active under a wide variety of aliases for over a dozen
years and is recognizable by a distinct pattern of OCD-like ritualized
the "what does X have to do with <newsgroup topic>/classic
unsubstantiated and erroneous claim" most closely associated with his
real-world identity.

All of this is quite interesting to kookologists, I am sure, but none
of it seems to have anything whatsoever to do with Java. And this
thread that tholen and equally-kooky dizzy infected seemed to have
died until you posted this earlier tonight. What did you think you
were going to accomplish in the way of anything useless?
Then there's [paranoia deleted]

I am not tholen and none of the nasty things that you have said or
implied about me are at all true.
Tholen is not actually a reply-bot, but he might as well be one. The only
recourse with Tholen is your killfile. If you want Tholen to shut up, do
not reply to Tholen.

All of this is quite interesting to kookologists, I am sure, but none
of it seems to have anything whatsoever to do with Java.
This will be my only post to this thread.
Good.

HTH.

It does not.

Jerry Gerrone

Rubbish.  Tholen posts through google and has a Hawaii IP, and Seamus
(real name Paul Derbyshire) has a Ottawa IP when he posts through
google.

Who are "Seamus" and "Paul Derbyshire", Juniper? There is nobody in
this newsgroup using either alias.
That's Tholen's idiosyncrasy.

What does that have to do with Java, Juniper?
Then there's the "[insult
deleted]"/"none of the nasty things" pattern, and others.

And that is Seamus's idiosyncrasy, though he has started copying Tholen.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with Java, Juniper?
Must be love, or hero worship.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with Java, Juniper?
Good.  Now **** off.

What does your foul language have to do with Java, Juniper?

Juniper

Was that tongue in cheek, or were you serious? The IP address the
server sees doesn't tell you much about the person's location.

For someone as stupid as Seamus/Paul it does.
The clod is blissfully unaware that he could shield his true IP and I'm not
about to tell him how.
This is his latest sock's IP (Jerry Gerrone) and it shows his Ottawa
location. Whenever he posts through Google he has an Ottawa IP.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2yubkig.jpg

Jerry Gerrone

For someone as stupid as Seamus/Paul it does.

Who is "Seamus/Paul", Juniper? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.
The clod is blissfully unaware that he could shield his true IP and I'm not
about to tell him how.

Who is "the clod", Juniper? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.
This is his latest [insult deleted]'s IP (Jerry Gerrone)

No. None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.
and it shows his Ottawa location.

What does your Ottawa location have to do with Java, Juniper?
 Whenever he posts through Google he has an Ottawa IP.

What does your pontification have to do with Java, Juniper?

What does that have to do with Java, Juniper?

tholen

4> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.text.tex

4> To everyone in these newsgroups: the troll that has plagued you for
some
4> time now is David J. Tholen.

What does your classic erroneous presupposition have to do with
OS/2, Calvin?

4> Tholen is a notorious Usenet kook who has
4> won KOTM once (March 1998) and Clueless Newbie of the Month *twice*
(in
4> February 2003 as himself -- despite being on usenet for at *least*
five
4> years by that point -- and again in April 2009 as "Seamus MacRae"
as an
4> ELEVEN year Usenet veteran).

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do with OS/2, Calvin? I have never used the "Seamus MacRae"
alias. Of course, others have used my alias, and one or more
of those others could have used the "Seamus MacRae" alias, but
if you had better research skills, you'd be able to distinguish
those cases, Calvin.

4> Tholen has been active under a wide variety of aliases for over a
dozen
4> years and is recognizable by a distinct pattern of OCD-like
ritualized

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do with OS/2, Calvin? I have not used a wide variety of aliases.
Of course, others have used my alias, and one or more of those others
could have used a wide variety of aliases, but if you had better
research skills, you'd be able to distinguish those cases, Calvin.

4> He has a few such patterns, one of which is
4> the "what does X have to do with <newsgroup topic>/classic
4> unsubstantiated and erroneous claim" most closely associated with
his
4> real-world identity. Then there's the "[insult deleted]"/"none of
the
4> nasty things" pattern, and others.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do with OS/2, Calvin? I have never used the "[insult deleted]"
pattern. Of course, others have used my alias, and one or more of
those others could have used that pattern, but if you had better
research skills, you'd be able to distinguish those cases, Calvin.

4> Tholen is not actually a reply-bot, but he might as well be one.

How ironic, coming from someone who might as well be one, considering
your poor research skills, Calvin.

4> The only recourse with Tholen is your killfile.

What is the recourse with you, Calvin? Will you ever post something
relevant to OS/2 in an OS/2 newsgroup, Calvin?

4> If you want Tholen to shut up, do not reply to Tholen.

What does it take for you to shut up, Calvin?

4> This will be my only post to this thread.

Famous Last Words. And how convenient, considering all the false
claims you made, Calvin. Hit and run tactics.