JavaBean-XML Serialization -- Still Castor?

oziris

hi !

I look for a JavaBean-XML serialization tool. As reporting by a bunch
of people Castor seems to be a great API. But it seems to be old,
especially the official site is out of order.

Does it exact? If so which alternative tool could you advice me?

Thanks a lot.

-o--

Daniel Dyer

hi !

I look for a JavaBean-XML serialization tool. As reporting by a bunch
of people Castor seems to be a great API. But it seems to be old,
especially the official site is out of order.

Does it exact? If so which alternative tool could you advice me?

Thanks a lot.

Castor is definitely still under active development. They're close to a
1.0 release, they just recently released 1.0 M1. The website
(http://www.castor.org) does seem to be down at the moment, but it was up
yesteday.

Alternatives are JAXB and XML Beans. I've never used either so I can't
tell you how good they are. Castor XML works well for me on the stuff I
have used it for.

Dan.

Joe Attardi

Alternatives are JAXB and XML Beans. I've never used either so I can't
tell you how good they are.

I used JAXB (Java Architecture for XML binding for those keeping score
at home) about a year ago and it was a fairly painless experience. I
have the opposite situation than Dan - I've never used Castor so I
can't compare. But it is very easy to use, and even has Ant tasks to
help automate the XML binding process.