Javascript not working in IE6 and Netscape

Dave

I'm running Windows XP with SP2 and all updates installed browsing
with the latest versions of IE6 and Netscape. Somewhere along the line
web pages are not showing javascript links/pop-ups, right-clicking and
opening in a new window just produces a 'page not found' error. This
is not just specific to any particular site. I've tried downloading
the latest version of java and have the required boxes ticked in the
browser options.

Anyone know what I should do?