"javaw.exe" does NOT prevent popup of black command prompt when starting GUI *.jar prgm

Ulf Meinhardt

I read that when I start a GUI based java program with

javaw.exe -jar myprgm.jar

instead of

java.exe -jar myprgm.jar

then NO black command prompt console window is visible/poped up (under WinXP).

This is not true!

javaw.exe shows the command prompt window as well (in addition to the actual GUI window)!!!

Is there really no way of preventing the popup of the console?

Ulf