JDIC??

freesoft_2000

Hi everyone,

I have a rather silly question to ask so please bear with
me.

What is JDIC??
Is it part of J2SE??
If not will it be part of J2SE in the future??
What is the purpose of JDIC and what role it plays in software
development??

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Robert kebernet Cooper

JDIC is a set of Java libraries and platform-specific libraries that
help Java application integrate more into "native" feel of an operating
system. It includes things like a "statusbar/system tray" app for
adding a tray graphic and menu to Windows and Linux, an API for
registering/viewing/launching the native filetype mapping for the
operating system (so you could make your Java application the default
handler for "foo" and "application/x-foo" for instance). It also
include the SaverBeans Java Screensaver API.

It is not part of the J2SE now. Some parts of it, such as the Status
bar/System Tray stuff *will* is getting promoted into JSE6/Mustang.
There is, however, a real discussion going on as to how smart it is to
put too much of it into the JSE, simply because the release schedule
for the JSE is much much slower than an open source project can be, so
the rate of improvement would slow considerably.