New and trying to learn on my own

Joined
Jul 7, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone I'm new to coding. I'm trying to learn on my own but finding it is really difficult. I know what I want to happen but it's hard to find the coding tutorials and the right wording. Any help is Greatly Appreciated.

Joined
Jul 7, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
and what would that be?
At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to make a color visualizer for my business. I'm wanting to change the colors of a roof on a house by clicking the color. I'm just not getting the house and roof aligned.

Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
9
Yeah, I was working on that earlier. Your html is messed up and your stylesheet has non-executable html in it. there are a number of problems, what web editor are you using?

Joined
Jul 7, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Yeah, I was working on that earlier. Your html is messed up and your stylesheet has non-executable html in it. there are a number of problems, what web editor are you using?
I know and I'm not sure how to fix it because I'm so confused about it. I'm using a free on right now it's called Blue Griffin it has both a code and wysiwyg design. I've been trying to figure it out but the more codes I look at the more I get confused.

Joined
Jul 16, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
A word of advice. Make your projects bite sized, don't try to take the whole thing on all at once.

For example, instead of trying to make a "house" roof change color, try first to make a simple graphic primitive such as a circle in the middle of the page function the way you want. Or simpler, just change the background color. Once you get tiny portions of your proof of concept working, slowly start merging them into a bigger program.

As an example you might break your project into drawing the background house, drawing the roof, color menu, mouse action, each as a separate project. Another advantage of many smaller programs is saving these working models will soon give you a library of a couple hundred programs that you can quickly assemble future programs from :)

Joined
Jul 7, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
A word of advice. Make your projects bite sized, don't try to take the whole thing on all at once.

For example, instead of trying to make a "house" roof change color, try first to make a simple graphic primitive such as a circle in the middle of the page function the way you want. Or simpler, just change the background color. Once you get tiny portions of your proof of concept working, slowly start merging them into a bigger program.

As an example you might break your project into drawing the background house, drawing the roof, color menu, mouse action, each as a separate project. Another advantage of many smaller programs is saving these working models will soon give you a library of a couple hundred programs that you can quickly assemble future programs from :)
I'm definitely going to do that in the future.

Joined
Nov 24, 2022
Messages
80
Reaction score
7
Thank you that gives me hope because we can't afford to hire someone so I have to keep at it.
Hope is ok, but there is something even more cool - faith!

This picture tells the world that my webpage is dangerous, althought users don't use there any password or login or any other personal data.
It was created by Orange ISP personel.

Since they published it , I'm a beliver.

For me it sounds like "hey, this guy has some serious skills!" xD

If You need any guidance it's enough to ask me, I will take Your little hand and will show You everything and then You will say what was told in A Space Odyssey - “My god, it’s full of stars”

“My god, it’s full of stars” is a phrase associated with a scene from the 1968 film “2001: A Space Odyssey”

Attachments

  • YpM5KiiZRlqSAqconuuOFG7Bd4rBztSiY1u6sO0r.png
    YpM5KiiZRlqSAqconuuOFG7Bd4rBztSiY1u6sO0r.png
    441.5 KB · Views: 12
Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
9
Well you have to make a decision... do you want to do it yourself or do you want an application to do it all for you (wysiwyg design)? This method in most cases involving frameworks like WordPress, Bootstrap and tons of others may look somewhat appealing on the surface but usually have a train wreck of coding problems underneath.

If you choose to learn how to format etc. then...
1. Uninstall "Blue Griffin" from your system. It's mostly just eye candy anyway.
2. Got to Arachnophilia and download the web editor. I've been using the 4.0
version since 1998 because it uses a plain text editor. The newer version
is a Java based application and uses a java text editor, but allows you to created
unlimited menus etc.
3. Go to oswd.org and download as many templates as you like, if you can't find
anything there a simple search for "free html css website templates" will broaden
your horizons.
4. Once you've found everything you're looking for, write up the contents of your pages.
then come back for help formatting and making changes. ;)

Easy peasy right?

Joined
Jul 7, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
[...]

Thank you this is really helpful I'll go download it asap. I really do want to learn how to do the coding so I'll know how to fix things.