JNLP Launch File Error

blue

I am having trouble launching an app from Java Web Start. Has anyone any
ideas why it's not working?
Details of JNLP file below.

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Category: Launch File Error

No application resources are specified for this platform. Please, contact
the vendor of the application to make sure that this is a supported
platform.

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex"
href="launch.php" >
<application-desc main-class="uk.co.cjswebdesign.color.HEXColorPicker"</application-desc>
<information>
<title>Hex Color Picker</title>
<vendor>cjswebdesign.co.uk</vendor>
<homepage href="http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex"/>
<description>Hex Color Picker</description>
<description kind="short">Hex Color Picker</description>
<icon href="http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex/smfeed.gif"/>
<offline-allowed/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.5+" initial-heap-size="64m" max-heap-size="512m"/>

<j2se version="1.4+" initial-heap-size="64m" max-heap-size="512m"/>
<j2se version="1.3+" initial-heap-size="64m" max-heap-size="512m"/>
<jar href="hchoose.jar" main="true" download="eager"/>
</resources>
</jnlp>

JNLPException[category: Launch File Error : Exception: null : LaunchDesc:
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex/"
href="http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex/launch.php">
<information>
<title>Hex Color Picker</title>
<vendor>cjswebdesign.co.uk</vendor>
<homepage href="http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex"/>
<description>Hex Color Picker</description>
<description kind="short">Hex Color Picker</description>
<icon href="http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex/smfeed.gif"
kind="default"/>
<offline-allowed/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<application-desc main-class="uk.co.cjswebdesign.color.HEXColorPicker"/>
</jnlp> ]
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

blue

Thanks for the tips and help.

Tried with hard coded JNLP file. No luck there. I Was trying to get round
that the server is not set up for MIME type application/x-java-jnlp-file and
got a tip about doing the header MIME type with PHP.

Having no luck, seems easier to ask support to add mime type to server.

Thanks

Andrew Thompson

blue wrote:
...seems easier to ask support to add mime type to server.

That would be the way I'd approach it. Unless suppport
have offered you a 'control panel' (type thingy) to allow
you to set up mime-type associations yourself.

blue

Tried support, no luck as yet getting MIME type added.
No options to add my own MIME types. Will leave Web Start on the back burner
for now, untill I change to a Tomcat hosting pakage.

thanks

Roedy Green

Tried support, no luck as yet getting MIME type added.
No options to add my own MIME types. Will leave Web Start on the back burner
for now, untill I change to a Tomcat hosting pakage.

If you have access to even a tiny corner of some other website where
jnlp is served with the proper mime type, you can host the jnlp file
there.

You are almost there:
According to http://mindprod.com/applets/mimecheck.html
you are serving application/x-java-jnlp-file
instead of application/x-httpd-php
for http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex/launch.php
if you could just get that to read launch.jnlp you would have it.

Perhaps something with a redirect.

Andrew Thompson

Roedy Green wrote:
You are almost there:
According to http://mindprod.com/applets/mimecheck.html
you are serving application/x-java-jnlp-file
instead of application/x-httpd-php
for http://www.cjswebdesign.co.uk/hex/launch.php
if you could just get that to read launch.jnlp you would have it.

It does seem as if the '.php' extension is the entire source
of the problem. If that is the case, the current options seem..
- fix it on the current site and it will work.
- move it to another site as-is, and face exactly the same problem.