    information, is there any way to load MIB using joesnmp?

    kindly help. waiting on ur reply.

    thank you.

    celine, Mar 22, 2006

  2. I don't know joesnmp. But what you typically need to do is to make a MIB
    known to your SNMP manager. Often this is done by using a so called "MIB
    compiler" to translate a particular MIB into some form which can be
    understood by a particular tool. In other cases you have some import
    tool or some storage where you need to provide the MIB. Check your
    software documentation.

    Note, MIB compilers from other tools will not work. You need what comes
    with your particular software.

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Mar 22, 2006

  3. known to your SNMP manager. Often this is done by using a so called "MIB
    Thanks for ur input Thamas. i have not clear about this "MIB Compile", since
    i have not used any MIB as of now in my tool.

    i'm using joesnmp, so i need to load MIB through joe snmp or need to write
    code in java to compile/load MIBs.

    i still have problem in finding any way to load through joesnmp or writing a
    code (in java) to load MIB.

    Please help.

    celine via JavaKB.com, Mar 23, 2006