JSP compile problem in JDeveloper 10g

stephen hartley

Using JDeveloper 10g version 9.0.5.0.0 preview build 1375

I have a simple jsp which contains the following:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

which causes the following problem at translation time

Error(1): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Error(1): Unable to load taghandler class: /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld

The struts-bean.tld is present in the WEB-INF directory under the
directory I specified as HTML root directory in the project's
properties.

So as far as I can tell, this should work.... JDeveloper also
underlines the opening tag symbol '<' as if it were trying to draw my
attention to an error there which is puzzling. JDeveloper should know
that this is a JSP file as when I added the file to the project I
specified that it was to be a JSP.

I have also tried the advice given here

http://otn.oracle.com/tech/java/oc4j/904/release_notes/release-notes-904-preview.html

section 5.2 Known Issues with Web Containers

regarding turning off tld caching and specifiying the doctype
attribute but neither of these seem to fix the problem...

My web.xml which is the WEB-INF directory contains the following

<taglib>
<taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

Anybody got any ideas on this or seen it before?

Thanks

Stephen