Kerberos in WebServices

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by ALI-R, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. ALI-R

    ALI-R Guest

    How To Create a Webpart Page with ASP.NET Server-Side codes in SharePoint
    Portal Server.

    I have one question.. I am trying to add custom ASPX code sharepoint pages.I
    came to know that it is not possible to run custom aspx code in
    SPS(server-side script is not possible in the native pages),Why?
    Because the security model in SharePoint blocks scripts and code behinds
    from
    executing on pages.

    Solutions:
    1)If you want to add custom script, develop your
    application in _layouts (which is shared ) directory.

    OR

    2)You have to set up an excluded path to execute a ASP.NET
    application on a portal virtual server.There is an explanation on how to do
    this and why in the Help files at this address:
    http://YourPortal/_vti_bin/help/1033/sps/html/stsf05.htm

    Note:Creating pages underneath the /_layouts directory is often the best
    option for custom ASPX apps on top of SharePoint.This lets your page be
    accessible from any web. For example, if you build mypage.aspx in _Layouts,
    it is accessible from the following URLs:
    http:// YourPortal /_layouts/myapp/mypage.aspx

    How to make my page look like a normal weppart page within SPS
    using frontpage to make the page look like it has
    a theme and putting the aspx page inside an iframe on the sts site.

    ALI-R, Jan 20, 2005