Keyboard event

Claudia Fong

Hello,

I am using asp.net 2.0 and I want to add keyboard shortcuts to my
application. For example if I hit ALT-A it will pop up a new window or
my other webform.

Cheers!

Claudi

Mark Rae [MVP]

I am using asp.net 2.0 and I want to add keyboard shortcuts to my
application.

That's achieved through the accesskey attribute of certain HTML tags:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...&rlz=1T4GGIH_en-GBGB220GB220&q=HTML+accesskey

However, this is not guaranteed to be 100% cross-browser / cross-platform
compatible...
For example if I hit ALT-A it will pop up a new window or my other
webform.

Try to avoid popups if you can - many browsers block them by default, and
they can get really irritating...

Claudia Fong

Ok,

I'm able to set up an access key to a link that I have in my webpage,
but it won't open that webpage.. only will open when I also press enter

the code below is what I have in my source code:

<A HREF="http://www.sapo.pt" ACCESSKEY="H"> Home</A>

After I press ALT-H it will just "point" to the link.. I would like to
also click on the link

Cheers!

Claudi