Limiting the number of options in a form select element?

Darren

Please Help Me!! To the best of my knowledge there's no way to do this
in HTML. I'm not very familiar with javascript but hopefully someone
can help...

I've created a typical <form> and a <select> element. The options are
created dynamically from my access database (using asp).

There are about 70 options, and when you click the dropdown button, it
shows about 25 (depending on screen resolution) and then the gives you
a scroll bar to get to the rest.

My question is, can I limit the number of options shown when you click
the drop down button, but still be able to scroll through all the
options. Ideally I'd like to limit it to showning 5 to 10 options.

Quick example of what I want to acheive is to click on your IE Address
Bar's drop down button. Mine shows 14 urls and I can scroll down to
the others.

Any ideas appreciated.. Javascript, VBScript, HTML... what ever works.
:)