Line numbers in MS Visual C++ 6.0

jbeck

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this newsgroup. I came across it by accident
searching Google for information on how to make line numbers appear in
the editor window of Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. I'm taking a course in
programming, and it would be very helpful to me if I new how to do
this.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. It would be much
appreciated!

-John

Mike Wahler

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this newsgroup. I came across it by accident
searching Google for information on how to make line numbers appear in
the editor window of Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

And why do you feel that the operation of the Visual Studio
editor has anything to do with the C++ language?
Please see:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

I'm taking a course in
programming, and it would be very helpful to me if I new how to do
this.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. It would be much
appreciated!

<OT>
My copy of Visual Studio already shows the line (and column)
numbers in a 'status bar' at the bottom of the screen. If
I wanted to learn how to configure that, I'd look in the
help files provided with the product. If I were still stuck,
I'd ask in a Visual Studio newsgroup (see the link above for
suggestions).
</OT>

-Mike

Tim Slattery

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this newsgroup. I came across it by accident
searching Google for information on how to make line numbers appear in
the editor window of Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. I'm taking a course in
programming, and it would be very helpful to me if I new how to do
this.

Wrong group for this question. Try microsoft.public.vc.ide_general.

I don't think the VC IDE will do that though.

Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
IDIOTS! This is the way to accomplish this you snobs!

Go to

TOOLS
OPTIONS
TEXT EDITOR
LANGUAGES
GENERAL

AND CHECK LINE NUMBERS

MY NAME IS GUEVON (REALLY! COME AND SEE!)

JERRYMIDDLE AT YAHOO DOT COM