Link Button Question (II)

Zach

In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
do this?

Zach

Zach

Arne Vajhøj said:
Arne,

I have discovered how it works.
Once you have in the style sheet e.g.

..LinkButton1
{
// some code
}

you can add

..LinkButton1:hover{
background-color: yellow;

}

Then the link button will light up yellow as you hover it
which is funky. But what you cannot do is keep the linkbutton
yellow till you klick another linkbutton so the user will know
what he/she has been referred to e.g. in a neighbouring textbox.
That would of course need something other than "hover". But
I don't see that option available.

If you create one of several click functions and in one
function you want to give the linkbutton background
colour yellow, till you click another linkbutton, then
there is no way of doing that - that I could find.

Zach.

Registered User

In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
do this?
Change the control's BackColor property in the control's onClick event.

Assuming the markup as

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
onclick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>

the color will be changed by using this event handler

protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
LinkButton1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
}

regards
A.G.

Zach

Registered User said:
Change the control's BackColor property in the control's onClick event.

Assuming the markup as

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
onclick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>

the color will be changed by using this event handler

protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
LinkButton1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
}

regards
A.G.

Hi,

Excellent!
Thank you.

Zach.

Arne Vajhøj

[...]

The traditional web way is that links has one style
before click and one style after first click.

CSS can do that.

CSS can not do what you describe. Which seems to be that
only latest clicked link should have a special style so
that a clicked link fall back to start style when the
next link is clicked.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Excellent!

It does what you want.

But I don't link the solution.

There will be styles in both CSS and code behind. That
could become rather messy.

You could use the variant where you just set the
CssClass property in the code behind and leave
the actual styles to the CSS.

Arne

Zach

Arne Vajhøj said:
It does what you want.

But I don't link the solution.

There will be styles in both CSS and code behind. That
could become rather messy.

You could use the variant where you just set the
CssClass property in the code behind and leave
the actual styles to the CSS.

Arne

Arne,

Yes it might be considered messy.
But it does work OK.
How else to do it though.

Zach.

Arne Vajhøj

Yes it might be considered messy.
But it does work OK.
How else to do it though.

Set the CssClass property i the code behind and
let the CSS define what it actually does.

Arne