ListBox in composite control. SelectedItem not available.

shantanu_kush

Hi all,

I have a ListBox in a composite control. EnableViewState for the
ListBox is true.

The ListBox is populated with some values.

The user makes a selection in the ListBox and then Clicks a Button.

In the Button Click event, I want to get the SelectedItem of the
ListBox.

The SelectedItem valued is coming to be null.. Also, the ListBox is not
preserving it's ViewState.

Any advice.

Thanks.

Shantanu..

shantanu_kush

Hi all,

The problem was that EnsureChildControls() should be called from the
OnInit() override

EnsureChildControls();
base.OnInit (e);
this.AttachEvents();
}

It works very well now.. Thanks for ur efforts.

Shantanu..