"Local Internet Zone"

princessjewel62

I would like to ask anyone out there, where can I find the "Local
Internet Zone" as I had a problem with my application not displaying
and saying that I have no authorisation to view this web page but
indeed, I am the administrator.

Thanks,
Crystalite.

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

I would like to ask anyone out there, where can I find the "Local
Internet Zone" as I had a problem with my application not displaying
and saying that I have no authorisation to view this web page but
indeed, I am the administrator.

Thanks,
Crystalite.

The "Local intranet zone" and the "Internet zone" are client-side
security settings, which specify which permissions a client-side
application has or hasn't. For example, in Internet zone (when the page
is served from the Internet), the page will probably not be allowed to
save files on the client PC. The Intranet zone typically allows more
permissions.

In your case, you are the administrator of the server-side machine, and
it has nothing to do with the client-side. Additionally, the IIS doesn't
run with administrator permissions on the server, it is its own user
named ASPNET. So if you want to give your web application special
permission on the web server (for example to save server-side files),
you must give this users appropriate permissions.

Bottom line is: You must find out exactly where the error occurs, client
or server. And then you must find what is causing the error. Typically,
I would start with a simple, no-brainer application and try it out. If
that works, add more complex operations until you reproduce the error.

Does it help?
Laurent